×
In


Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to U.K.

Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, are moving back to the U.K., more than six years after they moved to the U.S. and settled into a home in California.

King Charles III was informed of the decision on Sunday, and there are no plans for Prince Harry or Meghan to resume their royal duties, CBS News’ partner network BBC News reported. Harry’s brother, Prince William, and Princess Catherine were also told, according to BBC News.

The couple said in January 2020 they would be stepping away from “senior” royal roles and were working to become financially independent from the royal family.

“This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity,” they said in a statement at the time.

Prince Harry and Meghan now have two children, Archie, born in 2019, and Lilibet, born in 2021. Both are enrolled to start school in the U.K. in September, BBC News reported.

Buckingham Palace then confirmed in February 2021 that the couple were no longer working members of the royal family. The pair’s decisions to step away from their roles and move to California have created considerable tension with other members of the royal family.

Those tensions were elevated further when Harry and Meghan sat down for an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021, during which they discussed their struggles behind the scenes with the royals.

Among other topics, Meghan recounted conversations about how their son, Archie, would not be given the title of prince and how he wouldn’t have security, and said there were discussions while she was pregnant about “how dark” Archie’s skin color would be.

Harry, meanwhile, said in that interview that he was “disappointed” with his father, King Charles III, and that he and his brother were “on different paths.”

Harry, Meghan and their children traveled to the U.K. last month and met with King Charles for the first time in years, although the move was not discussed during that visit, BBC News reported. That trip was not without controversy.

BBC News reported prior to the visit that Harry was reconsidering bringing his wife and children on the trip because his request for taxpayer-funded police protection was rejected by British authorities. 

The Duke of Sussex had previously lost a court battle in 2024 over the decision to downgrade his security detail when he makes visits back to the U.K. following the announcement that he was stepping away from royal duties.


Original source: https://www.cbsnews.com/healthwatch/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Author

seoexperts1994@gmail.com

Related Posts

In

Trump says he expects to meet again with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un​ this year

World Trump says he expects to meet again with North Korea's Kim Jong Un​ this year By Anna Coren Foreign correspondent Anna...

Read out all
In

Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios suspended after testing positive for cocaine

World Australian tennis player Nick Kyrgios suspended after testing positive for cocaine By Frank Andrews Frank Andrews is a CBS News journalist...

Read out all
In

Israeli military orders criminal investigations into killings of 5-year-old Hind Rajab and 15 others in Gaza

World Israeli military orders criminal investigations into killings of 5-year-old Hind Rajab and 15 others in Gaza By Frank Andrews Frank Andrews...

Read out all
In

Safari helicopter crash kills 7 people in Kenya, including 5 Americans

World Safari helicopter crash kills 7 people in Kenya, including 5 Americans Updated on: August 19, 2026 / 6:21 PM EDT /...

Read out all
In

How progressive wins in Democratic primaries are shaping the midterm landscape

Politics How progressive wins in Democratic primaries are shaping the midterm landscape By Caitlin Yilek Politics Reporter Caitlin Yilek is a politics...

Read out all
In

Darline Graham says she’s “not that informed on national security” at debate

Politics Darline Graham says she's "not that informed on national security" at debate By Sophia Vlahakis News Associate Sophia Vlahakis is a...

Read out all