×
50 Cent

Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson speaks out on Diddy Netflix doc lawsuit | Exclusive

50 Cent spoke out at a Planet Hollywood event in New York City.

Portrait of Ralphie Aversa Ralphie Aversa

USA TODAY
Aug. 19, 2026, 9:10 a.m. ET

NEW YORK – Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson is speaking out exclusively to USA TODAY about a lawsuit that Sean “Diddy” Combs filed involving the Netflix documentary Jackson executive produced on Combs’ rise and fall.

After music producer Rodney “Lil Rod” Jones alleged Combs sexually assaulted and harassed him in a $30 million February 2024 civil lawsuit, Combs countersued that Jones stole private footage intended for Combs’ own documentary and sold it to Netflix for the four-part series “Sean Combs: The Reckoning.”

At an event to celebrate a partnership that Jackson has with restaurant Planet Hollywood, the multi-hyphenate addressed Combs’ Aug. 13 countersuit.

“Well, I wasn’t named in the lawsuit,” Jackson, 51, said. “To be honest, I think [the lawsuit] is postural.”

Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson attends Planet Hollywood's "50 Cent Faves" menu launch at Planet Hollywood Times Square on August 18, 2026 in New York City.

In December 2025, Combs threatened to sue Netflix ahead of the release of the four-part series. The docuseries examines the allegations of violence and sexual misconduct against Combs and his history of allegedly instilling fear and control to silence those around him. The streaming giant said it has the “necessary rights” to all footage used in the project. (Combs’ countersuit also accuses Jones of making defamatory statements in the documentary.)

The series was released months after Combs’ highly publicized federal trial in which a New York jury acquitted the music mogul of racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking, but convicted him on two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution. Combs was sentenced to 50 months in federal prison and continues to appeal his conviction; he is currently expected to be released in February 2028.

“I felt really good about it,” Jackson said of the reaction to the docuseries, as he praised director Alexandria Stapleton. Jackson said he began work on the documentary six months prior to Stapleton signing on to to direct. “She made something that didn’t feel forced in any way. And people really appreciated it.”

“The Reckoning” earned three Emmy nominations, including outstanding directing, outstanding documentary or nonfiction series and outstanding picture editing.

Jackson flashed his signature smile and said “I’ll be there” at September’s Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles.

50 Cent Planet Hollywood deal continues entertainment success in 2026

Jackson catapulted to fame with his 2003 debut studio album “Get Rich or Die Tryin,” which features the diamond-certified hit “In Da Club.” Since then, his business investments have ranged from film production and beverages to mining and tech.

Now, Jackson has teamed up with Planet Hollywood. The showbiz-themed restaurant founded by Robert Earl, which reopened in 2025 at a new Times Square location in New York City, announced a partnership with Jackson in March for PH Live, an entertainment venue located inside the Manhattan restaurant.

On Tuesday, Aug. 18, Jackson appeared at the venue to introduced “50 Cent Faves,” a special menu that consists of the platinum-selling music artist’s favorite foods.

“It’s important that it’s organic and it feels like you,” Jackson said of what he’s learned about business deals. And he feels that his current partnership with Planet Hollywood is organic given the “whole new successful career in film and television” he’s experiencing. Perhaps most notably, Jackson co-created the Starz franchise “Power,” which has spawned multiple spinoffs and new shows. Joseph Sikora, the actor who costared with Jackson in the series as Tommy Egan, also appeared on Tuesday night at the event.

Joseph Sikora and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, right, attend Planet Hollywood's "50 Cent Faves" menu launch at Planet Hollywood Times Square on Aug. 18, 2026, in New York City.

Jackson pointed to the eight projects that have launched or received a green light for production this year. He says that audiences will “see ‘executive produced by 50 Cent’ everywhere next year.”

And as far as his “faves” being served at Planet Hollywood, dishes include a 12 oz. NY strip steak served with mashed potatoes and mac & cheese, a double-smash burger with potatoes and chicken tenders.

When picking his top favorite, Jackson mentioned the sweet chili fried shrimp included in the “Power Box,” an ode to the aforementioned Starz franchise. The $85 item includes steak tips along with the aforementioned mac & cheese and mashed potatoes.

“So people, when they get their box, they’ll understand why I put those things in one place,” Jackson said, once again flashing a big smile.

Contributing: Anna Kaufman, Krystie Lee Yandoli, USA TODAY

Featured Weekly Ad

Original source: https://www.usatoday.com/entertainment/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Author

seoexperts1994@gmail.com

Related Posts

Eric Dane’s daughter to make acting debut with mom Rebecca Gayheart

MOVIESEric DaneEric Dane's daughter to make acting debut with mom Rebecca Gayheart Brendan MorrowUSA TODAYAug. 19, 2026, 9:30 a.m. ETEric Dane's daughter...

Read out all

Here’s how to watch the ‘Outer Banks’ Season 5 premiere

TVNetflixHere's how to watch the 'Outer Banks' Season 5 premiere Greta CrossUSA TODAYAug. 19, 2026, 3:00 p.m. ETThe Pogues are back, for...

Read out all

Taylor Sheridan says ‘Yellowstone’ ranch spinoff ‘6666’ won’t happen. Why?

TVTaylor SheridanTaylor Sheridan says 'Yellowstone' ranch spinoff '6666' won't happen. Why? Bryan AlexanderUSA TODAYUpdated Aug. 19, 2026, 7:11 p.m. ETTaylor Sheridan has...

Read out all

‘Below Deck Mediterranean’ star Nathan Gallagher arrested for domestic violence

CELEBRITIESCelebrities'Below Deck Mediterranean' star Nathan Gallagher arrested for domestic violenceLiza EsquibiasUSA TODAYAug. 19, 2026, 2:07 p.m. ET"Below Deck Mediterranean" star Nathan Gallagher...

Read out all

Tupac’s autopsy findings, last words revealed during trial

CELEBRITIESCelebritiesTupac's autopsy findings, last words revealed during trialLiza EsquibiasUSA TODAYUpdated Aug. 19, 2026, 7:07 p.m. ETDuane Keith "Keffe D" Davis' trial for...

Read out all

New information revealed following Hayden Panettiere’s death: Updates

CELEBRITIESHayden PanettiereNew information revealed following Hayden Panettiere's death: UpdatesAs Hayden Panettiere's family, costars and fans speak out following her sudden death at...

Read out all